About the department/Section
The department of Agricultural Economics and statistics actually came into existence in1946 and was rechristened as department of Agricultural Economics and Statistics during 1971, with up gradation of Government Agriculture College Kanpur as U.P. Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Kanpur. Since inception the department is actively engaged in education, research and farm management advisory services.
Keeping pace with agricultural development and policy thrusts in the country, research programmes of the Department have been modified time to time.The department achieved the excellence in post graduate education and farm management research during fifties and sixties which was initiated by Professor G. D. Agrawal and Professor S. P. Dhondyal.
During the seventies and eighties, the emphasis shifted to resource productivity, labour employment, risk management and marketing efficiency. Whereas in decade of 1990’ to 2000 emphasis was on Agro- climatic Regional Planning , research on technology and policy options within NARP have been dealt with various research projects under taken in the light of policy frame work needed for trading in agricultural commodities under WTO agreements. During 2001 and onward the emphasis on marketing and price analysis of various agricultural commodities , processing and value addition in crops, fruit and vegetables , effect of urbanisation, development and uplift to the rural sector, changing scenario in banking sector , resource constraints in agriculture and other different emerging issues has been taken for the research priorities by the department..
DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS & STATISTICS
The mission having the perspective plan to sets the path of scientific research and quality human resource development with the department of Agricultural Economics and Statistics, with the leading in coming year to real issues of agricultural importance with massive objective, sustainability and socio economic equity .
- To serve as a center for generating information on existing farming system.
- To provide excellent knowledge for research and postgraduate education in Agricultural Economics.
- To share responsibilities and benefits by linking with National and International Institution.
The department of Agricultural Economics & Statistics has a vision of knowledge inducement, value orientation and addition to State / National Agricultural Sector through quality education and research to the person/student in a pro actives role for overall agricultural development.
Significant achievement with photograph, if any
Teaching : The Department offers following credits under different programmes
- Economics of production & marketing of different crops.
- Economics of processing and value addition in different agricultural
- Economic importance of credit and self help groups in rural area
- Estimation of demand and supply of different agricultural
- Economic analysis of growth trend and behaviour of market arrivals & prices of important crops.
- Economic evaluation of urbanisation effect on agricultural land holdings.
- Economic study of different Governmental Scheme & like MNREGA, K.C.C., P.M. crop insurance etc. on agricultural development.
|Head of the Department||Dr. Rajendra Singh|
|Faculty members of the dept. of Agricultural Economics & Statistics|
|*Organogram of Department (Officer and Employee) :
Department of Agricultural Economics & Statistics
|* Departmental policies and Financial Sanction related GO’s (date wise and subject wise )Details.|
|*Seniority list of Officer/Teachers/Technical staff. :