“College of Fisheries and Research Centre, Etawah, commits itself to continuously improve the quality of fisheries education, competence of its faculty to meet the changing needs of fisheries education, research and extension services. The College shall ensure state of the art technologies for undertaking fundamental and applied research”.
- Introduction of new courses in Undergraduate degree programme in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Aquatic Medicine, and Nanotechnology.
- Diploma and Certificate Courses proposed in Fish production, Breeding of ornamental fish, value addition to fish products.
- Initiating research in emerging areas such as biotechnology, aquatic pollution and toxicology, fish and shellfish diseases, fish nutrition, genetics and fisheries economics and extension.
- Initiating research in area of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Nanotechnology.
- Innovative technologies like high premier processing, protein-polysaccharide interaction.
- Refining of fish oil and concentration of EPA – DHA preservation.
- Developing strategies for the conservation of aquatic life by involving the different stakeholders.
- Biological preservation of fresh fish using bacteriocins and development of health foods
C. Community service
- Strengthening diagnostic and health management services system for the farmers
- Increasing awareness on conservation, biodiversity and endangered species
- Developing community based enterprises for conservation and development.
D. Human Resource Development
- Effort to fulfill sanctioned staff strength, which helps to meet mandated standards in teaching, research and extension.
- Advanced training to staff in areas of biotechnology, nanotechnology and molecular biology.
- Alumni interaction will be promoted.
E. College/Institution and Industry Collaborative Ventures
- Collaboration with institutes both at national and international level.
- Establishing ‘Biotechnology Fish Park’ with assistance from U.P. Government.
- Establishing tie up with private industries in development and marketing of diagnostics and vaccines.