About the Department
Significant milestone in the growth and development of the CommunityScience Education Programmeat C.S.A.U&T., Kanpur was introduction of the four-years B.Sc. (Community Science) degree programme. The department of FRM came into existence in year 2002 and in the same year college had introduced 2+2 years B.Sc. (Hon’s)programme to straighten its electiveprogramme.Master’s Degree Programme in Family Resource Management started in 1997-98 and Doctorate Programme in 2003-04.Department is running undergraduate program based on the recommendation of ICAR V Deans Committee and Post Grqaduate Programme based onICAR National Core Group Recommendations. Intake of students at Post Graduate level is three.
- Empowering students with all the knowledge and guidance that they need t become worthy professionals.
- Learning through doing.
- Providing for holistic and value based development of students which ultimately enhances their employability.
- Developing social consciousness among students.
- Provide a nurturing and motivating environment to exploit the full potential of the students.
- In order to fulfill its stated vision , mission the department of Family Resource Management (FRM) is committed to :
- To impart skill and knowledge of financial management and consumer education.
- To inculcate awareness about the ergonomic principles in relation to household, equipment and occupation.
- To prepare students to assist in resource generation and allocation.
- To develop entrepreneurial skills in students.
- To inculcate a sense of civic responsibility, social commitment and moral accountability among the students through social activities.
Total 18 In M.SC awarded till date
Total 11 in Ph.D. awarded till date
Some students have been selected in government as well as private sector
- U.V.Kiran selected as Assistant Professor in BhimRaoAmbedkarUniversity , Lucknow
- RenuKatiyar selected as Teacher in Basic Education Department
- NimishaAwasthiSelected in KVK Kanpur Dehat
- ArchanaChaudharyhas been selected as Assistant Professor in Kanpur
- DeepaliSingh selected in KVK , Raibareli
- DrMeetaSaral selected as Lecturer in Mohamedabad , GohnaMau
- DrBabitaVarma selected as Lecturer
- JahidaKhatoon selected as lecturer inGorakhpur
- DrDrPhoolKumari has been selected in KVK ,Banda Agriculture UniversityBanda
- DrkirtimaSachan joined DrShiv DulariP.G.CollegeAmethi
- DrKatyayni joined Shri paramhanshshikshadprashikshadmahavidyalayamahakunth ,Ayodhya
- DrAnchalSharmaCompleted PDF sponsor by ICSR
- DrAradhanaKushwahais doing PDF sponsor by ICSR
- DrReema selected as GuestFaculty inC.S.AzadAgri.and University Kanpur.
- DiptiLohani selected as Assistant Professor Bhageshwar, Uttrakhand.
- Resource Management principles and Practices
- Human Factors and Ergonomics
- Interior space Planning
- Consumer Economics
- Work and work Station Design
- Consumer Issues and Legislations
- Housing and Energy Efficient Building Design
Food Safety and Standards
- Development communication
- Organizational development and HRD
- Technical Writing And Communication Skills
- Intellectual Property and its management in Agriculture Library and Information Services
- Basic Concepts in Laboratory Techniques
- Agricultural Research, Research Ethics and Rural Development Programmes
- Fundamentals of Art & Design
- System Dynamics and Management of Resources
- Financial Management & Consumer Education
- Housing and Space Management
- Ergonomics and Appropriate Technology
- Entrepreneurship Development and Business Management
- Residential and Commercial Space design
- Interior Design and Decoration
- Computer Aided Interior Designing
In-charge of Food Science & Nutrition Deptt.
||Mrs. Rashmi Singh
||Food Science & Nutrition
||M.Sc. Pussuing Ph.D.
|Key Area Specialization
||Deptt. of Food Science & Nutrition