- Imparting quality education to UG and PG students on the fundamentals of Vegetable Science and latest technological interventions to enhance the vegetables production and productivity
- Guiding and training postgraduate students and research scholars for their thesis research work.
- Collection, evaluation, documentation and maintenance of different vegetable’s germplasm.
- Carry out basic and strategic research on vegetable for development of new varieties.
- Development of superior, disease and insect-pest resistant high yielding varieties/hybrid of major vegetable crops.
- Standardization and demonstration of advanced production and protection technologies.
- Production and distribution of high quality vegetable breeder seeds and planting materials.
- Dissemination and promotion of technologies for sustainable management of vegetable and their resources.